Here's a nice piece on the difference between Solutions Journalism and Constructive Journalism. Here's a brief excerpt...
Constructive Journalism adds missing pieces to journalism by:
- adding a solution-oriented framing of news;
- conveying a productive perspective about the future and our ability to get there;
- being critical but never cynical, resisting corrosive cynicism that undermines empowerment of the public;
- asking new questions to power, so-called victims and experts, inquiring for resources, productive collaborations and solutions
- frequent use of data sets to provide systemic overview and relevant context to complex news stories.
- engaging and co-creating with the public
Solutions Journalism is rigorous reporting on how people are responding to problems and the associated evidence of results.